Beaufort County Community College began with the
operation of a practical nursing program in 1949, under the direction of the State
Vocational and Adult Education Department. From 1962 to 1968, the College operated as
extension units of Pitt and Lenoir Community Colleges.
In December, 1967, the College was officially chartered
as Beaufort County Technical Institute. The vocational and technical programs of the
College were complemented by a college parallel program which opened in 1968 in
conjunction with East Carolina University. In 1979, community college status was granted,
and since then, Beaufort County Community College has functioned as a comprehensive
community college offering continuing education and awarding associate
degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
Beaufort County Community College
Beaufort County Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Beaufort County Community College.
American Association of Community Colleges
North Carolina Community College System
Recognized and approved by
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences,
5600 N. River Rd.,
Suite 720 Rosemont,
North Carolina Board of Nursing
North Carolina Department of Justice
Criminal Justice Education and Training
North Carolina State Real Estate Licensing Board
North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic
Approved to train veterans and eligible dependents
Beaufort County Community College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, ection 504 Institution, and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, sex, color, age, religion, national origin, or handicap.