Inclement Weather Policy
During inclement weather it may become necessary for a decision to close the College. If a decision is made, it must be relayed to all students, staff, and faculty in a quick manner. In order to accomplish this task, College officials ask students, staff and faculty to cooperate by following the procedures listed below.
• BCCC department chairs/division heads will be notified and asked to convey operational changes to members within their department. Department chairs have the option to setup notification systems or other plans of action with their team members to better assist with notifying all of their employees.
• Local media outlets such as AM/FM radio and television stations in our service area are notified.
• Call the BCCC main phone number/switchboard to obtain current operations status for all college office/departments. This service is also available after normal switchboard hours via an automated message. The automated message is
updated as operations change. The automated message is available by dialing 252-946-6194.
• The BCCC Police Department is available throughout adverse weather conditions by calling 252-943-8721 or pager at 877-851-6842.
• The decision to close the College or delay opening will be announced by 6:00 a.m. The decision to cancel evening classes will be made by 4:00 p.m.
• The absence of any announcement means that the College will open as usual.
When a decision is made to close the College, the primary concern is the safety and welfare of each student, faculty, and staff member. All curriculum class time missed due to inclement weather must be made up during the term by means established by the College administration.