- Board Agendas
- Board Members
- Board Minutes
- Board of Trustees
- Campus and Regional Centers
- Equal Opportunity
- Faculty Resources
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Organizational Charts
- Student Achievement
- Title IX Sex and Gender Discrimination and Harassment Policy
- Allied Health
- General Information
- Class Schedules
- College & Career Readiness
- Business & Industry Services
- Public Safety
- Healthcare Programs
- Workforce Programs
- Personal Enrichment
- Regional Centers
- Financial Aid
- Human Resources
- Institutional Effectiveness
- Student Records
- Student Life
The primary focus of the Advanced Emergency Medical Technician is to provide basic and limited advanced emergency medical care and transportation for critical and emergent patients who access the emergency medical system. This individual possesses the basic knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care and transportation. Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians function as part of a comprehensive EMS response, under medical oversight. Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians perform interventions with the basic and advanced equipment typically found on an ambulance. The Advanced Emergency Medical Technician is a link from the scene to the emergency health care system.
This course follows the North Carolina curriculum and bridges the Emergency Medical Technician to become an Advance Emergency Medical Technician. Some Saturday sessions and additional scheduled clinical and field experience hours are required. Registration is $180 unless exempt (must provide proof of affiliation). No exemptions are allowed for the additional $5 Student ID, $5 Technology fee, and $14.25 insurance and malpractice fee, all of which are non-refundable. Registration and books are required prior to the beginning of the course. 307 hours. $204.25
- English Proficiency Requirement: Successful completion of an entrance exam assessing basic reading comprehension and English language writing skills on a post-secondary level. Examples of acceptable demonstration of this ability include placement into, or successful completion of, a college-level reading and English language writing course. Developmental or remedial courses will not satisfy this requirement.
- Mathematical Skills Requirement: Demonstration of mathematical skills at a minimum at the high school grade level. Examples of acceptable demonstration of this ability include successful completion of a MAT 060 course, or placement into a MAT 070 course, or successful completion of a college-level algebra course
- Health Screening and Proof of Vaccinations (Not required for Refresher courses): All candidates for the advanced level courses are required to complete an EMS Program ALS application packet found online at Certified Background. Proof of vaccines or immunization are included and this information will be handed out to all students on the first night of class.
- Additional Required Documentation:
- Successful EMT course completion within the past 12 months, or proof of current EMT credential (NC or National Registry).
- Current American Heart Association BLS Provider CPR card.
Access our BCCC Course Schedule
for a current list of course offerings.
For more information or to register, please contact:
Continuing Education Registration & Records Clerk
Live Chat customer service support room: visit http://www.beaufortccc.edu/ceonline