- Board Agendas
- Board Members
- Board Minutes
- Board of Trustees
- Campus and Regional Centers
- Equal Opportunity
- Faculty Resources
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Organizational Charts
- Student Achievement
- Title IX Sex and Gender Discrimination and Harassment Policy
- Allied Health
- General Information
- Class Schedules
- College & Career Readiness
- Business & Industry Services
- Public Safety
- Healthcare Programs
- Workforce Programs
- Personal Enrichment
- Regional Centers
- Financial Aid
- Human Resources
- Institutional Effectiveness
- Student Records
- Student Life
Truck Driver Training Program for First Time Drivers (Hybrid Program)
Credential: Commercial Driver’s License, NC Dept of Transportation
The Truck Driver Training program at Beaufort County Community College will train students to drive a Class - A combination vehicle and prepare students for their pre-trip inspection, off road skills test and the driving test which are all components of the NCDMV commercial driver's license (CDL) exam. Through a partnership with Weyerhaeuser, the BCCC CDL Truck Driving class also teaches students how to safely maneuver with a log truck trailer.
The truck driver training program will train students to drive a combination vehicle (tractor trailer) with the anticipated outcome of obtaining their Class-A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). The program will include classroom instruction, track instruction, and behind-the-wheel driving. The course will take approximately 16 weeks to complete. At the completion of the class, students will be road-tested by Beaufort County Community College’s third party examiners.
The CDL Truck Driving Program is a 16 week, 384 hour, class that instructs students in both knowledge necessary to drive a Class-A and Class-B vehicles as well as hands on, over-the-road, driving experience. Online hybrid classes are offered via Blackboard and can be completed from your desktop computer, tablet, and even your smartphone! BCCC does not have a job relocation program but the program has guest recruiters, drivers, and representatives visit from various local and internationally based companies.
Take a look at our informational presentation to learn more:
A PDF version can also be viewed by following this link.
To register students must present the following at the time of registration:
- Get the North Carolina Commercial Learners Permit (NC CLP): A North Carolina Commercial Learners Permit (NC CLP) is a permit that only authorizes you to practice on public roads with a qualified North Carolina CDL holder sitting next to you. NC CLPs are valid for 180 days. Drivers are required to retake all written tests for permits 30 days past the expiration date. The NC CLP exam is administered at your local DMV office. Study materials can be accessed using this link. The NC CLP license fee is $21.50. See NCDMV Licenses & Fees for the most current fee costs.
- Valid DOT Health Card - to be presented at registration.
- DOT Drug Screen Results (Negative) – to be presented at registration. Must be within 30 days from the day of test to day of registration.
- Bring copies of your NC CLP, DOT Health Card, and DOT Drug Screen Results (Negative) along with the BCCC registration fee of $234.25 to the Building 8 Continuing Education Registration & Records office on the BCCC campus. A campus map can be viewed here.
If students are interested in obtaining their Class B Passenger Bus endorsement, they will also need to obtain that permit, at DMV, prior to registering for the class (Class-B P-Endorsement). Classroom hours will be completed online via Blackboard with students meeting for a one hour classroom session on Saturday morning and labs/over-the-road driving on Saturday and Sundays. All students, including refresher students, will need to purchase books and participate in the classroom portion in addition to the labs. Students will be subject to random drug screening throughout the duration of the course, per NCDOT and NCDMV laws.
Books Package Includes: $118.00 (Located at the BCCC Bookstore - prices subject to change).
Textbook, Log Book Trainer, Logbook, Road Atlas, and FMCSR Pocket Book.
Truck Driver Refresher
Credential: Commercial Driver's License; NC DMV
The Truck Driver Refresher class provides a refresher lab for individuals who carry a valid Class-A CDL to operate a Commercial Motor Vehicle. This 8-week class covers the basics through advanced skills and over-the-road concepts and practices. Upon successful completion, students will receive a certificate of completion that can be presented to employers to show a renewal of skills. This program is made possible through partnerships with Golden Lead Foundation, NCDOT, Weyerhaeuser, Alligood’s Garage and locally owned insurance groups.
Prerequisites: Valid NCDMV Class-A license, valid DOT medical card, and a negative DOT drug screen (within 30 days of screening date).
Access our BCCC Course Schedule
for a current list of course offerings.
ATTENTION: Students who have completed our program can search for hiring companies below! Contact Justin Rose, Director of Industry Training, for local companies that are hiring! email@example.com
Looking for Truck Driving Jobs? Visit CDLjobs.com
For more information or to register, please contact:
Continuing Education Registration & Records Clerk