- Allied Health
- General Information
- NC Work Ready Community
- ED2GO Online Classes
- College & Career Readiness
- NCWorks Customized Training
- Public Safety
- Healthcare Programs
- Workforce Programs
- American Sign Language
- Auto Dealer License
- Commercial Truck Driving (CDL)
- Conversational Spanish
- Culinary Arts
- Customer Service and Professional Skills
- Drone Pilot Training
- Dual Water/Wastewater and Workplace Safety Continuing Education Workshop
- Forklift Training
- Income Maintenance Caseworker
- Medical Office Specialist
- Municipal Finance
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- NC Real Estate Classes
- NC Vehicle Safety Inspection
- Notary Public
- Residential Wiring
- Substance Abuse Counselor
- Substitute Teacher Training
- Teacher Continuing Education
- Technology Training
- Vehicle Escort Certification & Recertification
- Working Smart
- Writing a Dynamic Resume
- Personal Enrichment
- A Mediterranean Meal
- A Summer Seafood Supper
- A Taste of Summer Wine
- Carolina Shag Dancing
- Defensive Driving
- Enjoying DSLR Photography
- Firearms Training
- Happy BoCo New Year!
- Hey Honey!
- Hospitality Quilt
- Knife Skills
- Let's Do Lunch; Pimento Cheese
- Let's Do Lunch; Russian Soup
- Let's Do Lunch; Savory Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Let's Do Lunch: Bacon and Duck Burgers
- Line Dancing
- Opera Excursion: Cosi fan Tutte
- Opera Excursion: La Boheme
- Organic Gardening
- Piano 2
- Pies and Tarts, Sweet and Savory with Rachel K
- Return of the Redneck Pesto
- Small Engine Repair
- Stuffed Stuff and Good Salad
- T-Shirt Quilting
- The Whole Hog
- Welding for Fun
- Whoopie Pies
- Yeast Bread Baking Basics
- DDC-4 Defensive Driving
- Small Business Center
- Hyde County Davis Center
- Washington County Center
- Summer Enrichment for Kids
- Financial Aid
- Human Resources
- Institutional Effectiveness
- Student Records
- Student Life
- Teaching and learning as the means for improving individual lives and the communities we serve.
- Individual human worth and the expression of the individual human spirit.
- Community as the fellowship of local individuals, families, businesses, and other organizations through and for which the college seeks to make a positive impact.
- Diversity as a pathway to gaining the multiple perspectives necessary for understanding our world.
- Access to higher education by people from all backgrounds as critical to individual success and to the viability of a self-governing, democratic republic.
- Quality as the measure of individual and institutional success in student attainment of relevant knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Affordability as an essential requirement for an open door community college and a necessity for ensuring access from all segments of society.
- Civility as the medium in which individuals from all backgrounds may engage without fear of retribution in dialogue about issues ranging from the future of the college to the state of the world at-large.
Beaufort County Community College will be an innovative community leader that promotes economic and social mobility through educational opportunities linked to workforce development, public service, and cultural and personal enrichment.
Reviewed and/or Revised, and Approved:
BCCC Mission Review Committee, 9-10-02, 9-22-04, 9-26-06, 9-30-08, 9-16-10, 1-22-13
BCCC Administrative Council, 9-25-02, 9-30-04, 9-27-06, 10-6-08, 9-29-10, 1-28-13
BCCC Board of Trustees, 10-01-02, 10-05-04, 10-03-06, 10-05-10, 2-4-13, 4-3-18
Beaufort County Community College is a public, comprehensive community college that provides open-door access to university transfer, workforce development, and life-long learning programs for the people of Beaufort, Hyde, Tyrrell, and Washington Counties
Reviewed and/or Revised, and Approved:
BCCC Mission Review Committee, 9-19-00, 9-10-02, 9-22-04, 9-26-06, 9-30-08, 9-16-10, 1-22-13
BCCC Administrative Council, 10-25-00, 9-25-02, 9-30-04, 9-27-06, 10-06-08, 9-29-10, 1-28-13
BCCC Board of Trustees, 10-03-00, 10-01-02, 10-05-04, 10-03-06, 10-07-08, 10-05-10, 2-4-13, 4-3-18
We Aspire to:
- Create hope and human dignity through access to post secondary education and greater access to gainful employment.
- Collaborate with business and industry to train and retrain workers for the local and regional economy.
- Collaborate with local economic development agencies to recruit and retain business and industry that will provide sustainable employment and a living wage in the service region.
- Collaborate with universities to strengthen transfer agreements and the overarching on-ramp to the baccalaureate.
- Collaborate with school systems and other organizations to enhance the social capital of school-age children and parents.
- Reduce dependence on public and private social programs through gainful employment.
- Increase expression of individual human will through entrepreneurship and fiscal self-reliance.
- Provide life-long learning opportunities for residents of Beaufort, Hyde, Tyrrell, and Washington Counties.
- Enhance public schools, transportation, and health care through economic development based on college-led workforce development (i.e., increased tax base).
- Serve as a cultural and wellness resource for the region.
Click here to view the entire strategic plan document.