- Board Agendas
- Board Members
- Board Minutes
- Board of Trustees
- Campus and Regional Centers
- Equal Opportunity
- Faculty Resources
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Organizational Charts
- Student Achievement
- Title IX Sex and Gender Discrimination and Harassment Policy
- Allied Health
- General Information
- Class Schedules
- College & Career Readiness
- Business & Industry Services
- Public Safety
- Healthcare Programs
- Workforce Programs
- Personal Enrichment
- Regional Centers
- Financial Aid
- Human Resources
- Institutional Effectiveness
- Student Records
- Student Life
ENC Accelerated Regionally Increasing Baccalaureate Nurses (aRIBN) Admission Requirements
Thank you for your interest in ENC aRIBN. Students admitted to ENC aRIBN must meet admission requirements set forth collaboratively by the Community College and ECU. Please read this information thoroughly. Admission to ENC aRIBN is highly competitive.
Enter RIBN year 2 and complete the program in 3 years.
Students must have completed all first year general education and prerequisite courses satisfactorily with a "C" or better according to the RIBN curriculum plan for the Community College of choice.
- Students must be admitted to the respective Community College nursing program for the following fall semester.
- Students in the aRIBN program are dually enrolled in Community College and ECU. Online courses at ECU must be taken to maintain eligibility in aRIBN.
- Students will meet the transfer student requirements for ECU.
- Students in the aRIBN program will remain in the program and may not switch or transfer between Community College programs.
Students are not eligible for aRIBN if they have been unsuccessful or dismissed from a traditional baccalaureate or associate degree program.
Grade Point Average
To be eligible to apply for admission to the ENC aRIBN program the applicant must have completed all first year general education and prerequisite courses satisfactorily with a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale according to the RIBN curriculum plan for the Community College of choice.
The Point System
Admission to the program is highly competitive. After meeting all general and ENC aRIBN program admission requirements for ECU and the Community College, all ENC aRIBN applicants will be ranked numerically based on the following criteria:
|GPA (minimum 3.0)||Grade in BIO 168||Grade in BIO 169||Grade in CHM 131 or CHM 151|
|3.0 - 3.1 = 1||A = 3||A = 3||A = 3|
|3.11 - 3.2 = 2||B = 2||B = 2||B = 2|
|3.21 - 3.3 = 3||C = 1||C = 1||C = 1|
|3.31 - 3.4 = 4|
|3.41 - 3.5 = 5|
|3.51 - 3.6 = 6|
|3.61 - 3.7 = 7|
|3.71 - 3.8 = 8|
|3.81 - 3.9 = 9|
|3.91 - 4.0 = 10|
**Please visit http://www.ecu.edu/cs-dhs/nursing/aribn.cfm for the most current information on the aRIBN program.